A CSA must meet the criteria outlined in the Commercial Television Industry Code of Practice, which states:
'a community service announcement, namely an announcement which promotes a charitable cause or activity or which constitutes a service to the community, and which is broadcast free of charge by a licensee.' ('free of charge'
means without the station's receiving payment or other valuable consideration.) ‘
If a CSA is produced externally it must be classified by Free TV. This can be done via the Free TV website, www.freetv.com.au C or G classification is preferred.
The recommended running time for a CSA is 30 seconds &/or 15 seconds. We cannot air anything exceeding this time.
To submit a CSA to Network Ten you must email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the following details:
1. Information on the organisation/ campaign (1 paragraph is sufficient)
2. Key numbers
3. CAD number (classification number obtained from Free TV)
4. Viewing copy either Mpeg or DVD
5. How is it available? DUBSAT, Adstream or Digi BetaNetwork Ten CSA schedules are finalised at least two weeks in advance. In order to gain maximum exposure it is suggested that your CSA run for a minimum of 4-8 weeks, campaigns that run longer than this will also be considered. Please ensure you have allowed ample time for your CSA to be submitted and reviewed.
Network Ten cannot guarantee that your CSA will be scheduled. In order to benefit community organisations Ten takes a strategic approach to CSAs. Scheduling campaigns that are in line with either the TEN, ELEVEN, or ONE key audience demographics ensures the community organisation receives more on-air exposure and reaches a targeted demographic.
If your organisation would like to be considered for a 2012 partnership please send a one page proposal outlining the below to email@example.com
1. Name of organisation
2. Campaign schedules / time-lines
3. Campaign target demographics and objectives